Giftah - the frustration continues....

Well, I posted a note on Facebook as I mentioned, asking other users to share the problems they are having and guess what?  Giftah's facebook page now has been taken down.

Hmmm can you say SHADY!  If you think I have any incentive to lie at this point, do me a favour before you submit something to Giftah - TRY TO CONTACT THEM!  Giftah has no phone number, does not respond to emails, and has no facebook (as of now) so if you have any problems, they will not be there to help you.  They will, however, be happy to take your money.

I will be following up with a police report, and a complaint the Better Business Bureau, as well as continuing to keep this website going.  But in order to help other people avoid this scam I need YOU!  If you've been ripped off by this crooked company, please post your comments!

3 comments:

  1. I came across this blog while researching Giftah.com and had to post. I am researching Giftah.com because I got screwed over by them- i bought a gift card, seconds after I completed my transaction i got a message saying that someone else had bought the same card while I was checking out. But, I still got a confirmation email and they charged my account the $65.09 for the gift card. Days later when I go to check on the gift card order, they have no record of the order # and no record of me ever ordering anything from them! I am usually so good about checking these companies before I order, but this time I was in a hurry - that taught me a lesson big time. BUUUTT I did use my Paypal account to pay for it and say what you want about Paypal but Paypal always comes through for the buyer in these cases so I am confident I will get my money back. From now on it is only Plastic Jungle or Cardpool for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment single30sgirl! We've seen that it doesn't matter whether you are buying, or selling gift cards, you need to avoid Giftah!

    Good luck getting your money back via PayPal. If you have time, it would be great to know if you were successful obtaining the refund!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Domain Name: GIFTAH.COM
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Registrant Name: Rezart Bajraktari <------ Giftah.com's owner's real name!
    Registrant Organization: Giftah
    Name Server: NS1.HAWKHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS2.HAWKHOST.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned

    ReplyDelete